Cumberland's 86th Annual Rutabaga Festival Parade
April 20, 2018
Greetings from Cumberland, 'The Island City'. The Cumberland Chamber of Commerce would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation your community or organization to celebrate the 86th Annual Rutabaga Festival. The 2018 Rutabaga Festival Parade will be held on Sunday, August 26th at 1:00 pm.
Please check your calendar now, and make plans to attend the largest festival in Northwest Wisconsin. Cash prizes will be awarded in three categories; Royalty, Commercial and Service groups. To enter a unit in the Rutabaga Parade, please complete and return the form at the bottom of this screen by August 10th. A confirmation letter will be mailed to you after this date with your parade line up number and map.
We will again be sponsoring a Queen's Tea prior to the parade at the Middle School, adjacent to the line-up area. All royalty are invited to attend.
Special Requests: Consideration will be given for all special requests that are made in writing on the registration form. We do provide a shuttle service for royalty members who are also in marching band. Please indicate on the registration form if you are in need of this service
Political candidates We ask that a $50.00 donation be made to our parade fund. Please include a check made out to the Cumberland Chamber of Commerce with your registration form.
Please observe the following rules to ensure the Rutabaga Parade is an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone
- Absolutely no alcohol will be allowed in the parade waiting area or on your unit.
- Each parade entry is asked t limit their entry to one unit. A unit is described as a motorized vehicle, vehicle pulling a float, or one ATV.
- Parade units only will be allowed in the parade line up area.
- Throwing candy or other items from your unit is not allowed. If you have giveaway items, please have walkers handing out yo ur items curbside. Any liability or injury doe to giveaways is assumed by the unit and not by the Rutabaga Festival.
- NO reckless driving. NO jumping on or off of moving vehicles.
To enter in the Rutabaga Parade, please return the registration form no later than August 10th to:
1905 Abby Road
Cumberland, WI 54829
Any questions can be directed to Lindsay Norby at 715-419-0434 or the Cumberland Chamber of Commerce at 715-822-3378
Thank you for being a part of one of Northern Wisconsin's Premier Festivals. We look forward to seeing you at the 86th annual Rutabaga Festival.
* Check-In: From 12:00 noon to 12:30 PM at the Cumberland High School Parking Lot.